We’re currently doing a spot of work on the website, please bear us with while we get things sorted out.
The pros and cons of VAT group registration
HMRC recently issued Business Brief 11/2016: http://tinyurl.com/hcuy8fg which deals with some complex issues concerning transfers of businesses as a going concern (“TOGC”).
The issues discussed in the Brief concern how TOGCs by members of a VAT group should be treated, especially if any of the parties involved are partly exempt. These are particularly complex area of VAT and not one that occurs on a regular basis for SMEs.
However I thought it was a good time to remind ourselves of the pros and cons of VAT group registrations. They can be a very useful arrangement for corporate groups companies. Read my latest blog for more about this subject.
Read my latest article on AccountingWeb: Dilemma: Register for VAT or split the business? where I discuss how the VAT registration limit deters small businesses from growing.
Do you need help with VAT?
Whether you’re starting out or just need a bit of a refresher about specific VAT subjects, you’ll find a lot of useful stuff on this site about all things related to VAT; from technical articles to practical advice.
We hope you like the new website – It’s a “work in progress” at the moment so keep visiting to read new blogs and more useful stuff.
How we can help:
• First, see if you can find the information you need on the website on the menu menu along the top of this page. Use the search facility or the glossary for the subject you need.
• You can have a free, no obligation telephone consultation: call 07955 704228 or email email@example.com.
• Use our “Ask a question” facility – see below.
• For practical help with a specific VAT issue on a limited budget, use our one hour consultancy service for just £77 plus VAT.
• Click here if you’re an accountant and you’re interested in our dedicated service for accountants or call 07955 704228
• Formal consultancy services. Call 07955 704228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation and how I can help.
Want to ask a question about VAT?
Do you have a question about VAT? If so, email me email@example.com and I’ll try to help, at least point you in the right direction, no charge or obligation. I may also post the reply (on a no-names basis) here on the website. It doesn’t matter whether it’s “easy” or “difficult” – either way, I’ll explain the main principles and tell you where to look for more information.
Send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll be discussing some of the most important technical issues in this section.
This time, I’ve explained the difference between the zero-rate, exempt, exempt with credit and why it matters so much.