The site is still a work in progress but we’re getting there.

Email if you need any help

VAT on company cars: Tribunal agrees that the business can claim VAT.  See Accounting Web article

Reminder: Claims for 2015 EC VAT must be submitted by 30 September.

old-building-562924_640Speculative property developers, VAT recovery and opting to tax

See my latest blog where I’ve discussed whether opting to tax property is always the best way to claim VAT on related costs and some alternative approaches to the issue

Do you need help with VAT?

Whether you’re starting out or just need a bit of a refresher about specific VAT subjects, you’ll find a lot of useful stuff on this site about all things related to VAT; from technical articles to practical advice.

How we can help:

•  First, see if you can find the information you need on the website on the menu menu along the top of this page.  Use the search facility or the glossary for the subject you need.

•  You can have a free, no obligation telephone consultation: call 07955 704228 or email

•  Use our “Ask a question” facility – see below.

•  For practical help with a specific VAT issue on a limited budget, use our one hour consultancy service for just £77 plus VAT.

•  Click here if you’re an accountant and you’re interested in our dedicated service for accountants or call 07955 704228

•  Formal consultancy services. Call 07955 704228 or email to discuss your situation and how I can help.

About this site

Thank you for visiting We can help you find answers to any queries about VAT whatever the size and type of your business, or the nature of the query.

Click here for more information.

Services for accountants

Find out about our services for accountants and our special rate for day to day queries

find out more…

Our consultancy services

We can provide a wide range of consultancy services, from day to day queries to VAT reviews to advising on property transactions.

Click here to find out more.

VATWoman's Guide to VAT and residential property development

Check out the details of my e-book about VAT and residential property development.



How to save money and manage the process

VAT on management charges, cost sharing, intercompany services and more...

VATWoman’s Guide to management charges, cost-sharing, inter-company services and more……




VATWoman's Guide now available.....

Want to ask a question about VAT?

Do you have a question about VAT?  If so, email me and I’ll try to help, at least point you in the right direction, no charge or obligation.  I may also post the reply (on a no-names basis) here on the website.  It doesn’t matter whether it’s “easy” or “difficult” – either way, I’ll explain the main principles and tell you where to look for more information.

Send your queries to

This week's technical issue

I’ll be discussing some of the most important technical issues in this section.

This time, I’ve explained the difference between the zero-rate, exempt, exempt with credit and why it matters so much.