We’re currently doing a spot of work on this website. So please bear us with while we get things sorted out.
VAT and agency arrangements
One of the most confusing subjects is how VAT works in agency situations. The reason is usually because there are different meanings of agency depending on the context: for example it could be an estate agent, a design agency, an employment agency or an import/export agent, just to name a few. Sometimes an agent is just an agent, but sometimes the term “agency” is used for commercial reasons, but the “agent” is actually buying and selling as principal?
Read my latest blog where I’ve discussed the VAT issues in more detail.
Do you need help with VAT?
Whether you’re starting out or just need a bit of a refresher about specific VAT subjects, you’ll find a lot of useful stuff on this site about all things related to VAT; from technical articles to practical advice.
We hope you like the new website – It’s a “work in progress” at the moment so keep visiting to read new blogs and more useful stuff.
How we can help:
• First, see if you can find the information you need on the website on the menu menu along the top of this page. Use the search facility or the glossary for the subject you need.
• You can have a free, no obligation telephone consultation: call 07955 704228 or email email@example.com.
• Use our “Ask a question” facility – see below.
• For practical help with a specific VAT issue on a limited budget, use our one hour consultancy service for just £77 plus VAT.
• Click here if you’re an accountant and you’re interested in our dedicated service for accountants or call 07955 704228
• Formal consultancy services. Call 07955 704228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation and how I can help.
Want to ask a question about VAT?
Each week, I’ll answer a question – free of charge – and post the reply (on a no-names basis) here on the website. It doesn’t matter whether it’s “easy” or “difficult” – either way, I’ll explain the main principles and tell you where to look for more information.
Send your queries to email@example.com
I’ll be discussing some of the most important technical issues in this section.
This time, I’ve explained the difference between the zero-rate, exempt, exempt with credit and why it matters so much.