New e-book now available
VAT for DIY residential property developers
How to save VAT on self-builds, conversions and renovations
If you’re planning your own DIY property developments for personal or family use, then you need my new e-book. It explains when you can save VAT on costs and when you can claim VAT on costs from HMRC under the VAT DIY refund scheme.
For many DIY developers, the subject of VAT can be both confusing and overwhelming. You can end up paying more VAT than necessary if you don’t understand how the rules work in practice, whether it’s VAT on vanity units or the VAT DIY refund scheme.
You need to do your research before you start spending any money or signing any contracts.
And there are a lot of factors to consider:
- When you can save money on construction work with the zero-rate or reduced rate and agreeing with your contractor before you sign the contract.
- Avoid simple mistakes with DIY claims so make sure your claims are complete so that HMRC can approve your claim as quickly as possible.
- You can only ever claim VAT that has been correctly charged which means that YOU MUST KNOW the VAT liability of contractors’ services right from the start of the project.
- Practical factors such as changes in planning permission requirements can mean the difference between the zero-rate, 5% or 20%. Read the small print!
- Did you know that there are different criteria for DIY VAT claims depending on whether you’re doing a new buildand or a home conversions?
- And those practical issues that cause so much confusion: VAT on garages, built in appliances, hiring plant and machinery etc.
The book will help you deal with VAT from your first “back of the envelope” calculations to completion.
The book is in 4 sections:
- Section 1: Probably the MOST IMPORTANT section explains how VAT works and how it applies to DIY property development
- Section 2: Explains the detailed technical rules about the zero-rate and reduced rates of VAT and how to make sure your contractor keeps your VAT cost as low as possible.
- Section 3: A practical guide to the VAT refund scheme for both new builds and residential conversions, with lots of practical information particularly for the complicated subject of claiming VAT on converted commercial properties.
- Section 4: This section includes an introduction to developing property as a business, holiday lets and commercial property.
And the final chapter contains those all important FAQs about VAT on garages, electric gates, landscaping, hire of equipment and those vanity units!
There are worked examples, lots of practical information about dealing with contractors and HMRC,
At just £17, my e-book will help you to save VAT, manage the VAT process, deal with the contractors and avoid expensive mistakes.
Or click here DIY property developers preview if you’d like a free preview showing the detailed contents of the book and the introduction before you buy.